We all are well aware of the fact that braces are an ideal option for teens and adults. But do you know braces consultation need to be taken long before the braces? Yes, it is true. According to the American Academy of orthodontics, it is recommended that children should have their first braces consultation at the age of seven. Is not it amazing? But it is true. Meeting an orthodontist as soon as possible is great to maintain the oral health of your child. An orthodontist is the one who specializes in treating and diagnosing over or underbites, teeth gaps, teeth crowding, and all other kinds of dental issues like jaw misalignments. So, contact cheap dentist Las Vegas right now and get to know the future options for having a bright and beautiful smile.
Can a 7-year-old get braces?
As we all listen from our childhood that braces are just for teens and adults and somewhere it is true also. In certain cases, yes 7 years old can get braces but not always. However, it is not usually recommended unless your child has a cleft lip or palate, micrognathia or retro, and any other big or significant issue. In normal cases, yes, dentists do not recommend braces at the age of seven. After all, you know that it is not the time to fix the crooked teeth as children at the age of 7 years has baby teeth only and they are going to lose it after some time, therefore, fixing problems like crowded teeth, crooked teeth or reducing the gaps between teeth is not appropriate at this age. But yes, this is just the perfect time to meet an orthodontist to know about the future options for your teeth. So, search for affordable dentures near me and get the right advice anytime. If there is no issue of concern then he/she will let you know how you can maintain good oral hygiene.
What is included in the braces consultation?
A braces consultation is the initial appointment with a dentist where a child gets the advice regarding braces. At the time of the braces consultation, an orthodontist will talk to your child to know about their oral health and hygiene, he/she will also look oral health of your child and will provide the best advice.
Do you know oral health is important not just for your mouth or teeth but as well as to reduce the risk of other health issues? Yes, poor oral hygiene leads to a lot of other physical health issues. Therefore, it is crucial to keep oral health maintained. Most of the people think that the task of orthodontics is just all about having a beautiful smile by teeth straightening and reducing the gaps between the teeth. But do you know sometimes the braces are necessary for the overall well being of a child while for some it is not necessary? During braces consultation, your child will get the best advice regarding oral hygiene.
To see an orthodontist, look for teeth cleaning near me and visit the best dentist in your area right now.
When it comes to dental health, decaying of tooth and tooth cavity are common problems that most of us experience during our lifetime. A dental cavity is a hole in a tooth which is the result of a tooth decaying process. The plaque has certain harmful acids that cause loss of minerals from the tooth, weakening the enamel, which further results in tooth decay. While tooth decay is a serious problem, the formation of small cavities can be reversed by re-mineralization process (deposition of minerals into damaged areas of the tooth).
Understanding Tooth Decay:
Different types of bacteria live on our teeth, tongue, gums and other places in the mouth. Some of these bacteria are helpful but others may cause tooth decay. These bacteria cause tooth decay by using sugars from our food to make acids, which further create cavities. If a tooth is too much exposed to acid frequently then the tooth enamel loses minerals and causes cavities.
Gladly, tooth enamel can repair itself with the help of minerals from saliva and a chemical salt Fluoride but fluoride is not that easily available. The fluoride ion is derived from the element fluorine which is the 13th most abundant element in the crust of earth.
Fluorine exists only in combination with other elements as a fluoride compound and is not found in a free state ever. Fluorine is found in mineral rocks and soil. When water passes over fluoride containing rocks, it creates fluoride ions. That’s how small amounts of soluble fluoride ions are always present in all water sources including rivers, waterfalls and even oceans.
The easiest source of fluoride for your dental health is a fluoride rich toothpaste. The best and cheap dentist Las Vegas suggests to use toothpaste rich in fluoride.
Tooth decay can happen in adults too:
While it is a common notion that cavities and tooth decay are dental problems experienced in your age only, it happens to adults too. Decaying of teeth in older people can be a side effect of medications. Brushing teeth with a fluoride containing toothpaste can definitely help these patients. Fluoride strengthens teeth and prevents tooth decay from progressing by preventing mineral loss and replacing lost minerals. One can get fluoride by taking fluoridated water or by brushing with a fluoridated toothpaste.
In any case if a tooth cavity is developed, you definitely need to visit Smile dental Las Vegas and consult with an expert dentist.
What expert dentists say?
The best and cheap dentist Las Vegas suggests brushing your teeth twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste. There are certain precautions that should be taken while using fluoridated toothpaste especially in case a child is using it. Children should be guided to spit the toothpaste after brushing. They should not swallow it.
Fluoride toothpaste should not be used without a dentist’s recommendation. Over consumption of fluoride by children under 6 years of age is harmful for them. It may develop fine lines and/or freckles on their permanent teeth which is also known as Dental Fluorosis.
Ingested fluoride gets absorbed through the stomach and intestine into one’s bloodstream that helps in strengthening teeth. Fluoride develops tooth buds. The interaction of fluoride with the developing crystals initiates the replacement tooth enamel’s normal crystalline composition known as hydroxyapatite with a crystal incorporating fluoride. This related crystal known as Fluorapatite is more resistant to decay than is hydroxyapatite.
Fluoride can definitely prevent tooth decaying and hence tooth cavities. You must consult with your dentist and also check your toothpaste for fluoride if you want healthy and cavity-free teeth.
Oral health of children is one big challenge for parents that should be taken care of at earliest. Tooth decaying is the most common infectious disease in children and is often known as Baby Bottle Tooth Decay. In today’s times, when parents are working and children are given a lot of packaged food, Baby Bottle Tooth decay has become a very common problem. Children, who consume a lot of sweet products, are more at risk.
Sadly, most of the times, parents think that baby teeth are not important as they fell off one day. Although baby teeth are temporary, they are needed for chewing, speaking and smiling and most importantly they are the placeholders for upcoming adult teeth. If a child loses his baby teeth too early, it may develop speech problems, damaged adult teeth, poor eating habits, and/or crooked teeth. Such children may need to go for dental implants at a tender age.
Children should be helped in developing healthy oral habits as soon as possible as baby bottle tooth decay may happen with the onset of first tooth of the child.
Causes & prevention
Acid-producing bacteria infect the baby’s teeth. The infection can even be passed to kids by their parents or caregivers through their saliva. Many a times, before feeding the child, we tend to taste and/or test the food with the same spoon that we later on use to feed the child.
Children may develop baby bottle tooth decay if a child’s teeth are exposed to any liquid (other than water) for longer time periods as sugars (natural or added) turn into acid to form bacteria. The worst is when we put our kids’ to bed with milk, formula or any other liquid in their mouth. Causes are many but precautions stated under can definitely help you to prevent Baby Bottle Tooth Decay in your child.
Key precautions to prevent Baby bottle tooth decay:
- The most important precaution that should take is to take care of your own oral health while you are pregnant. Consult a dentist during pregnancy. You can simply visit the best dentist near me at least once in your pregnancy period.
- An infant’s gums should be kept clean by wiping them with a baby washcloth. Even on the onset of first teeth start brushing them gently with a soft brush. Use fluoride-based toothpaste preferably.
- Make sure that you don’t put your child to bed with a bottle of milk and/or any other drink as this will not only risk your child’s oral health but your child will be more prone to ear infections and chocking.
- Prefer giving water to your child if he is used to sippers or pacifiers.
- Try to teach your child to drink from a regular cup especially when the child is already over 12 months old.
- Avoid giving sticky and sugary foods to your child often. Even juices should be avoided or can be served with food only.
- Don’t forget to brush your child’s teeth before putting them to bed.
- Visit a paediatric dentist at least once in the first year of the child.
Taking all the above said precautions will definitely help you to save your child from Baby Bottle Tooth Decay and prevent dental implants in Las Vegas as well as other problems for your children.
Oral health has always been one of the major concerns. There is no doubt that oral health is a window to our overall health. Oral hygiene is one right way to keep bacteria away from your mouth which could otherwise lead to a range of oral infections. As per the best dentist in Las Vegas NV, brushing your teeth twice a day and proper flossing can help you ensure that your dental cavity is clean and healthy.
But, how will you ensure that brushing brings the desired benefits to you? Do you have the right toothbrush? Have you tried the latest power toothbrushes? Let us answer some of your questions in this post.
Power toothbrush for a healthy mouth:
Choosing a toothbrush is also a matter of great importance. Though, Power Brushes were always there but they are more in demand lately and the market of power brushes has seen a rapid growth in recent times. People are following their fellows and using these power brushes. From effectively cleaning the teeth to easy maintenance, there are a range of reasons why one would like to use power toothbrushes.
Power brushes are considered an easy way and most effective way to remove plaque. Some researchers have done studies on the safety and effectiveness of these brushes. Some suggest that power brushes show better results in removing plaque than manual brushes and some suggest otherwise.
Here is a brief account of facts you must know about power brushes:
- Though the earlier generation of power brushes were considered almost equivalent to manual brushes in terms of plaque removal, the current models are recommended by the best dentist Las Vegas NV. It is proved in clinical trials that present-day power toothbrushes remove more plaque than manual brushes.
- The design of the head of a brush plays an important role in the effectiveness and safety but clinical trials show that power brushes effectively remove plaque without much force. These trials show that power brushes cause less dental and gingival abrasion.
- Various studies are conducted to test the effectiveness and safety of power toothbrushes and it is shown in these studies that power toothbrushes are also equally safe on hard and soft intraoral tissues like manual brushes
- There is a myth that power toothbrushes should be used by some particular dental patients which is not true. Though patients with fixed orthodontic brackets got better results by using power brush as proven from some clinical trials, dentists recommend the use of power brushes for all segments of patients.
- Power brushes are also more effective in stain removal and tooth whitening than manual brushes. They are also recommended by dentists post dental implants in Las Vegas.
- Power toothbrushes provide high performance at affordable prices. Many people think that high-priced power toothbrushes are better and more effective which is not true.
- As per a study done by dentists and dental hygienists, patients given a power brush, do not switch back to manual brushes even after the novelty worn off.
- Power toothbrushes heighten brushing motivation in people as they find it fun using them and their brushing time and frequency increase. Longer brushing time and cleaning efficiency are two main weapons in improving oral health.
As you know everything about power brushes now, hope you replace your old and conventional tooth brush with an advanced power brush.
Many people have a question in their minds that what comprehensive dental care is? Of course, it is a good question that people want to get an answer.
When it comes to choosing the best cosmetic dentist in Las Vegas