Oral health has always been one of the major concerns. There is no doubt that oral health is a window to our overall health. Oral hygiene is one right way to keep bacteria away from your mouth which could otherwise lead to a range of oral infections. As per the best dentist in Las Vegas NV, brushing your teeth twice a day and proper flossing can help you ensure that your dental cavity is clean and healthy.
But, how will you ensure that brushing brings the desired benefits to you? Do you have the right toothbrush? Have you tried the latest power toothbrushes? Let us answer some of your questions in this post.
Power toothbrush for a healthy mouth:
Choosing a toothbrush is also a matter of great importance. Though, Power Brushes were always there but they are more in demand lately and the market of power brushes has seen a rapid growth in recent times. People are following their fellows and using these power brushes. From effectively cleaning the teeth to easy maintenance, there are a range of reasons why one would like to use power toothbrushes.
Power brushes are considered an easy way and most effective way to remove plaque. Some researchers have done studies on the safety and effectiveness of these brushes. Some suggest that power brushes show better results in removing plaque than manual brushes and some suggest otherwise.
Here is a brief account of facts you must know about power brushes:
- Though the earlier generation of power brushes were considered almost equivalent to manual brushes in terms of plaque removal, the current models are recommended by the best dentist Las Vegas NV. It is proved in clinical trials that present-day power toothbrushes remove more plaque than manual brushes.
- The design of the head of a brush plays an important role in the effectiveness and safety but clinical trials show that power brushes effectively remove plaque without much force. These trials show that power brushes cause less dental and gingival abrasion.
- Various studies are conducted to test the effectiveness and safety of power toothbrushes and it is shown in these studies that power toothbrushes are also equally safe on hard and soft intraoral tissues like manual brushes
- There is a myth that power toothbrushes should be used by some particular dental patients which is not true. Though patients with fixed orthodontic brackets got better results by using power brush as proven from some clinical trials, dentists recommend the use of power brushes for all segments of patients.
- Power brushes are also more effective in stain removal and tooth whitening than manual brushes. They are also recommended by dentists post dental implants in Las Vegas.
- Power toothbrushes provide high performance at affordable prices. Many people think that high-priced power toothbrushes are better and more effective which is not true.
- As per a study done by dentists and dental hygienists, patients given a power brush, do not switch back to manual brushes even after the novelty worn off.
- Power toothbrushes heighten brushing motivation in people as they find it fun using them and their brushing time and frequency increase. Longer brushing time and cleaning efficiency are two main weapons in improving oral health.
As you know everything about power brushes now, hope you replace your old and conventional tooth brush with an advanced power brush.
0 comments on “Power Toothbrushes; a Complete Guide to the Best Dental Tool”